Terms and Conditions
This page sets out the Terms and Conditions you need to be aware when using this website. Please take a moment to read them as they set out important rights and obligations.
- When you visit this website, you agree that you are over the age of 18 (for India - over 21 years old) and you are willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you are younger, you will have to get your parent/legal guardian to sign on the forms that will be emailed to you. If you don’t accept this agreement, you should not continue on this website.
- The Counsellor can assist clients with general wellness concerns, not severe mental illness or long-term addictions. There are a number of concerns that might not be appropriate for counselling support and this is at the sole discretion of the Counsellor.
- Once you connect with the therapist by the form on this website, you will be sent a contract to the email address you have provided. Sessions can only start once these forms are completed and received by On Balance Counselling.
- The Counsellor reserves the right to be able to determine whether or not she can assist you, and the length of time. Clients can ask for one free 15-minute session after the initial sign-up. It is possible that the counsellor declines to give therapy (after this session) if it is felt that some other intervention is required. This is at the sole discretion of the Counsellor.
- Once you have taken the free 15-minute session, you will be asked to make payment for sessions (usually in blocks of 3 sessions. This will be based on your requirement for therapy) that is decided between yourself and the counsellor.
- If for some reason you are not able to pay and would like to request for the service to be discounted, then please bring it to the attention of the counsellor. The Counsellor reserves the right to be able to determine whether or not she can give sessions at a discounted rate.
- You are required to give a 24-hour notice of amendment/cancellation of a session without which the session will be deemed cancelled. We understand that emergencies can happen, but we request consideration so that the time allocated to you could be utilised for somebody else.
- This assistance and service does not extend to tech services, i.e. you are responsible for the smooth running of your device (laptop, desktop, mobile phone) and wi-fi services at your end.
- Please note that the Counsellor has the right to refuse service at any stage, even after therapy has commenced. While she will try to be flexible to meet your needs with regard to timings, it will be your responsibility to attend the session on time that will be fixed in advance. As technology is not always reliable, it is advisable that you are ready in advance to start the session on time.
- Each session will last for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- The information on this site is the property of On Balance Counselling and and is not owned by any other party.
- It is important to engage in respectful communication with the Counsellor at all times. This applies to all email and written communication as well. Any rude or inappropriate comments on the website and other social media platforms will be deleted. Any issue that might arise, should be brought directly to the attention of the Counsellor with the email address provided on this website.
- It is the endeavour of this website, On Balance Counselling, to be professional in all dealings with members of the public that they wish to serve. Hence, it is essential that all Clients also respect and ensure the same. Any disrespectful, inappropriate and unacceptable comments will be deleted accordingly. On Balance Counselling takes no responsibility for the behaviours of others using the service on this platform.
- Any such behaviour could mean that On Balance Counselling could terminate the services to the Client with immediate effect and be asked to leave the social media in question.